How was your Wednesday. I was looking to post yesterday but the day just got away from me. I accomplished a lot but I didn't get to blog and I feel so bad so I want to start the blog in the morning. I did this the other day and it flowed better.
So, yesterday I accomplished something I have been putting off for a little while now. I am really working on just doing the things that worry me. I had to make a few phone calls to the IRS. It turned out to be just fine and actually prompted me to take care of getting my license & I.D. renewed. I have been putting off my license, mainly because I forgot it expired until a cop reminded me a month ago. He ran my tags, found out I have an expired licence, walked up to the driver window; asked if my boyfriend was Casey, and I said no I am. He said "oh, do you know your license has been expired for a year?" So I am so happy I don't have to deal with that!
I haven't really been putting off my I.D. It is just a weird situation. Thanks to the internet it is much easier to take care of. So I lost my social security card in a wallet I through out of car a few years because I was letting go of things and felt like it needed to go right then. Later on I realized my social security card was in it. I had renew my I.D . they said you need a social security card, so i went to the office to do that, and they said you need an I.D. I guess that is when my license expired because I couldn't use that.
Now, I am running a business. I have to file taxes, and for some reason when I would call to figure out my balance for the taxes, they could not find my name or any number under it. Then I had to call the Dept. of Revenue and was on hold for two hours. I was not on hold a full 2 hours. I would call and try different ways to reach a person, and would sit on hold for the person. Never contacted anyone. So while I was on hold I accomplished something else! I love the packaging from Dolls Kill so much I cut it out and taped it to my clipboard.
After that I decided to call someone from the IRS that told me I need to file my taxes, and a number to call to change my information. I called, she told me I have to come to the office with my social security card, and all the information to change one number I messed up when setting up my tax information. Then I tried to obtain a new social security card online which is really easy to do but they do require your form of I.D. (drives licence, or I.D.) to be up to date.
So, I will be taking care of all of this stuff this week.
Well Christmas is around the corner. Let's talk about some Christmas music!
Here are five Christmas songs and when they were made:
1. "Let it Snow" - A song made in 1945 by Sammy Cahn. Vaughn Monroe sang this song and made it a number one hit in 1945.
2. "Blue Christmas" - This christmas song was made by Billy Hayes and Jay W. Johnson. In 1948 Doyle O'Dell. Blue Christmas became came a hit for Christmas lovers in 1950.
3. "Carol of the Bells"- Is a song created by Peter Wilhousky. This song was composed by Mykola Leontovych in 1916 and 1921. The song became a traditional Christmas song in 1936.
4. "There's No Place like Home for the Holidays"- Al Stillman wrote this Christmas song. Robert Allen composed the song.The song was became popular by Perry Como. There is also a b sides to the song called "Silk Stockings".
5. "Little Drummer Boy" - When created by Katherine Kenneth Davis in 1941, this song was known as "Carol of the Drums". The Trapp Family Singers recorded "The Little Drummer Boy" in 1951. Harry Simone Chorale made this a popular Christmas song in 1958.
I hope you enjoy these few facts about Christmas music. I learned a few interestings things. I hope you read about these songs while listening to them with cup of something warm.
I used to be annoyed by Christmas music, I really think it's just the repetitive ones in the stores. Some of these songs are so beautiful, and just make you want to be around people.
My favorite has always been "Carol of the Bells." What is your favorite Christmas song?
Have a great night.